Firstly a massive thank you to everyone for investing and showing your confidence in the Ballymacash Sports Academy.
In the end we had
- 297 people of all ages buy a share
- 32 Businesses Invest
- A whopping total of £112,540 raised from the Community Share Issue
So again, a massive thank you for getting involved !!!
So what’s next ??
Since the offer closed, we had to have a cooling off period, to give you all a chance to change your minds. Thankfully no one did !!
We have had the task of putting everyone’s details together to give us a members register (a legal requirement) and also a mailing list. As well as this we have had to get each individual shareholders certificate and membership card ready (almost done !!)
Since the Share Offer closed the Academy Directors have
- Secured funding of £50,000 from the Alpha Programme
- Continued to source other funding via grants and charitable loans
- Met with Consultants, Utilities Companies and Architects to get the Tendering Process underway
- Met with Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council regarding other potential opportunities for the Sports Academy
- Held fortnightly board meetings to keep the momentum rolling
Our 1st AGM will be held on Monday 15th October at 7pm in the Bluebell Clubrooms, Rushmore Drive, Lisburn, B28 2HN.
We would especially encourage those who haven’t been to the Football Club before to come along and see our vision for the facility with your own eyes.
Also we would especially like any members with skills that could benefit the Society to consider nominating themselves for election to the Board.
So if there are any members with financial, fundraising or business management experience, IT, Social Media or Website experts, or whether you are a Builder, Planner or Health and Safety Expert.
Then please consider nominating yourself. #GetInvolved
We will keep you up to date before the AGM, but we will see you on the 15th October !!